APRN Pharmacology Today: Heart Failure
Dr. Joel C. Marrs
Join Joel C. Marrs, PharmD, FCCP, FASHP, FNLA, BCPS-AQ Cardiology, BCACP, CLS, ASH-CHC for this self-paced online course.
This course offers the APRN a broad overview of how to safely manage patients with heart failure using pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic interventions. This course assists the APRN in fulfilling pharmacology CE requirements for licensure.
Join Joel C. Marrs, PharmD, FCCP, FASHP, FNLA, BCPS-AQ Cardiology, BCACP, CLS, ASH-CHC for this self-paced online course APRN Pharmacology Today: Heart Failure that will cover the following subjects:
- Module 1: Heart Failure and its Prevalence
- Module 2: Heart Failure Types and Classifications
- Module 3: Pharmacologic Management of Heart Failure
- Module 4: Non-Pharmacologic Management of Heart Failure
- Module 5: Helpful Resources
Key Learning Outcomes
- Describe risk factors and diagnostic criteria for heart failure.
- Compare and contrast the available pharmacologic treatments for heart failure.
- Review current literature and guideline recommendations for the treatment of heart failure.
- Formulate a treatment and monitoring plan for a patient with heart failure to decrease complications in the general population and subpopulations.
Joel C. Marrs, PharmD, FCCP, FASHP, FNLA, BCPS-AQ Cardiology, BCACP, CLS, ASH-CHC
Dr. Joel Marrs is an Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy at the University of Colorado, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS). Dr. Marrs received his PharmD degree from Butler University. Following his PharmD degree he completed a postgraduate year 1 (PGY1) pharmacy practice residency at Mount Carmel Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio and a PGY2 Family Medicine Specialty residency at the University of Colorado in Denver, Colorado. He is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist with Added Qualifications in Cardiology and a Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist. He is a Clinical Lipid Specialist recognized by the Accreditation Council for Clinical Lipidology. He is an American Society of Hypertension Certified Hypertension Clinician (ASH-CHC). He is Fellow of the American Society of Health-system Pharmacists (ASHP), the National Lipid Association (NLA) and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP). Currently, he is president-elect of the Southwest Chapter of the NLA.