Medical Surgical Nursing Certification Interactive Review Course Workshop – Belleville, IL
Molly Persby, MHSA, RN-BC
- Interactive course opens: August 2, 2019
- Virtual Session: August 27, 2019 12-1 PM ET
- Interactive course closes: September 27, 2019
- Workshop date: September 27, 2019 8-12:30 PM Local
*Registration closes August 1, 2019
Did you know that your brain can only focus for about 8 minutes? ANA’s Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Interactive Review Course Workshop design aligns with evidence-based educational best practices leveraging how our brains work and learn. The interactive, blended format engages the learner at their pace, on their timeframe, while immersing them in content and activities designed to reinforce knowledge and concepts necessary to successfully prepare for the certification examination. Application of knowledge occurs throughout the course and interaction with the knowledge coach during the live sessions permits the learner opportunity to ask questions, validate understanding, and gain greater awareness of gaps requiring further study.
- 6 Interactive Learning Modules
- Virtual Case Study with Knowledge Coach
- Live ½ day Workshop with Knowledge Coach
- Medical-Surgical Nursing Review & Resource Manual eBook
- 24/7 access to content for 5 months
- 24.75 Contact hours
Key Learning Outcomes
Nurses will apply, analyze and evaluate:
- Current practice information, research and application to clinical practice.
- Relevant clinical updates with treatment options.
- Improved patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Preparation for board certification exam.
Persby has worked in medical-surgical nursing since 1989. She has been board-certified in the specialty since the early 1990s. Her experience includes the staff nursing, nurse precepting, charge nurse, supervisor, nurse manager, director and vice president positions. In all these roles, she emphasizes the importance of remaining current with practice standards and guidelines to function as a mentor. In the long-term acute care setting, Persby cares for patients that meet acute care standards, with a broad range of medical-surgical conditions.