Call for Nominations: 2020 ANCC Certified Nurse Awards
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) wants to recognize individual ANCC certified nurses for their significant contributions to their field of practice. The Certified Nurse Awards program showcases certified nurses in various specialties who have made impactful and valuable contributions to the nursing profession and the field of health care. Each year, ANCC grants the Certified Nurse Awards to these outstanding nurses who exemplify the true value of continuing professional development through certification.
Online nomination submissions must be received by ANCC on or before November 17, 2019, at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Who may nominate
The following individuals may submit a nomination for anm ANCC certified nurse:
- Administrators, nursing directors, supervisors, etc.
- Physicians, interprofessional colleagues
- ANCC board-certified nurses
- Members of American Nurses Association (ANA) or any of its constituent or state nurses associations
- Volunteers of ANCC, ANA, and American Nurses Foundation
The following individuals may NOT submit a nomination:
- Sitting members of the ANCC Board of Directors
- ANA/ANCC employees or the Nominations/Awards Committee
Criteria for nomination
- The nominated nurse must be someone who has made significant contributions in professional practice, education, research or service.
- Nominees must hold active ANCC certifications to be eligible.
- Nominations will be judged for innovation, collaboration, leadership and professional risk taking, and patient-centered care.
How to submit
- Select the ANCC certification specialty you want to nominate the nurse for.
- Should your nominee be selected, they will be recognized as the awardee of the 2020 ANCC Certified Nurses award for their certification specialty.
- The nominee must hold an active ANCC certification for the specialty they are being nominated for. If you are unsure which certification the potential nominee holds, confirm the certification name with them.
- Type in responses to the best of your ability that highlights the nurse’s skills and contributions to their field of practice.
- Be sure to save your draft before exiting the online nomination form.
- Once complete, submit nomination.
Have you already started the nomination form?
- If you have already submitted or saved a draft nomination, click here to review/submit.
- If your nomination is saved in draft form, you can continue to make edits until you have submitted the nomination.
- Once you have submitted your nomination, you will not longer be able to edit the form.
Best Practices To Fill Out The Nomination Form
Avoid losing your work
In order to avoid the online form timing out prior to submission, it is strongly recommended that you write the responses on a word document and copy and paste these responses onto the online form.
Prepare your responses now prior to starting the nomination form.
All nomination forms will require the same topics for responses, such as Experience and Qualifications of nominee regardless of which certification specialty they are being nominated for. Prepare your responses at this time:
- Brief description of nominee’s duties for current job/position. This area must include organization/employer, position/title.
- Brief description of nominee’s duties for previous job/position. This area must include organization/employer, position/title.
- Brief description of nominee’s duties for other past job/position. This area must include organization/employer, position/title.
- Innovation: Provide brief examples of how the nominee exemplifies innovation and made significant contributions in the field of health care in areas of professional practice, education, nursing research or service in 2000 characters or less.
- Collaboration: Provide brief examples of how the nominee exemplifies collaboration and made significant contributions in the field of health care in areas of professional practice, education, nursing research or service in 2000 characters or less.
- Leadership and Professional Risk Taking: Provide brief examples of how the nominee exemplifies leadership and professional risk taking and made significant contributions in the field of health care in areas of professional practice, education, nursing research or service in 2000 characters or less.
- Patient Centered Care: Provide brief examples of how the nominee exemplifies patient centered care and made significant contributions in the field of health care in areas of professional practice, education, nursing research or service in 2000 characters or less.
Certified Nurse Award Categories
Listed below are the hyperlinks for the Certified Nurse Award categories:
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Clinical Diabetes Management Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Advanced Clinical Diabetes Management Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Diabetes Management
- Advanced Forensic Nursing
- Advanced Genetics Nursing
- Advanced Public Health Nursing
- Ambulatory Care Nursing
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Nursing
- Cardiac-Vascular Nursing
- Certified Vascular Nursing
- Child/Adolescent Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Home Health Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Pediatrics
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Public Health
- College Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Core Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Emergency Nurse Practitioner
- Faith Community Nursing
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- General Nursing Practice
- Genetics Nursing
- Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- Gerontological Nursing
- High-Risk Perinatal Nursing
- Home Health Nursing
- Informatics Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- National Healthcare Disaster Professional
- Nurse Executive
- Nurse Executive, Advanced
- Nursing Case Management
- Nursing Professional Development
- Pain Management Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Pediatric Primary Care
- Perinatal Nursing
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
- Rheumatology Nursing
- School Nurse Practitioner
- School Nursing
All nomination submissions must be made by completing the nomination form online. Online nomination submissions must be received by ANCC on or before November 17, 2019, at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
The Nomination Awards Committee will review and score all eligible nomination submissions. Nominees may be contacted between late January to early February for additional information. Official award winners will be announced in conjunction with Certified Nurses Day March 19, 2020 on the on ANCC Certified Nurse Awards page along with the following social media platforms:
For more information, please visit individual award page or contact 1.800.284-2378.
Sincerely, ANCC Certification Outreach Team
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel