2. Award Agreement
Read the Eligibility Criteria and acknowledge compliance.
3. Magnet® Model Component
Assign the nominee to one of the five Magnet® Model Components.
4. Nomination Title
Enter title of nomination, nominator email address, and nominee qualifications.
For nominator, nominee, and CNO Endorser: Enter name, affiliation, and contact information
The nominator's online submission must include:
- A narrative essay that is 500 words or less to demonstrate the following:
- The contribution(s) the nurse nominee has made in the identified Magnet Model Component
- How the nurse nominee's contribution(s) exemplifies excellence in the identified Magnet Model Component
- The resulting nursing impact in the organization, region, and/or nation or world
The nominator must write the narrative essay on official organization letterhead and must include his or her full contact information- nominator name, credentials, email address, direct phone number, and organization address. The nominator must sign the nomination
- Nominee's resume (3-page maximum): Must include his or her credentials, educational background, work experience, professional activities, publications, presentations or projects, and full contact information - nominee name, credentials, home address, email address, and direct phone number.
- Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) letter of endorsement 250-words-or-less from the CNO of the nominating Magnet-designated organization describing how the nominee's contribution(s) are relevant to the identified Magnet Model Component and why the nominee should be chosen as the National Magnet Nurse of the Year.
- The CNO must write the letter of endorsement on official organization letterhead and must include his or her full contact information- CNO name, credentials, email address, direct phone number, and organization address. The CNO must sign the letter of endorsement.
You will have a chance to look over the submission to make sure all is complete.
8. Submission Process and Deadline Date
Nominators must complete submissions through the online submission website. The website details all application information and walks nominators through the submission process step-by-step. Please Note: ANCC will review only completed applications.
Nominators must complete submissions by 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday, July 12, 2020. ANCC will notify winners no later than November 20, 2020.
- Previous winners and their organizations are excluded from eligibility for 12 months (e.g., a 2018 winner and their organization are not eligible for 2019 but may apply in 2020).
- The National Magnet Nurse of the Year Awards committee will consider only properly submitted applications and material submitted with or in support thereof.
- Material submitted with or in support of any application shall be received on the conditions that:
- The National Magnet Nurse of the Year award committee shall have permission to use and display submitted materials in any manner it deems appropriate and to not return such material or any portion thereof to the nominee or nominators.
- The National Magnet Nurse of the Year award committee may make such disclosure of the names of the nominees and of the work disclosed in such material as the committee deems appropriate.
- No claim shall be made and no action shall be brought against the American Nurses Credentialing Center, its board of directors, employees, or members of the National Magnet Nurse of the Year award committee arising out of the use made of such application material or of any such disclosure.
- The decision of the National Magnet Nurse of the Year award committee is final. If the National Magnet Nurse of the Year award committee does not consider any applications suitable in a given category during a given year, ANCC shall not give a National Magnet Nurse of the Year award in that category.
- Submitting a nomination constitutes agreement that each representative submitting the nomination and each nominee agrees to be bound by the rules of the National Magnet Nurse of the Year award program.
- The Magnet Nurse of the Year® award winners will receive a $1,500.00 stipend to use toward travel and miscellaneous expenses associated with attendance at the ANCC National Magnet Conference®
- Magnet Conference® registration fee
- Recognition during the National Magnet Nurse of the Year reception
- Presentation of award winners at the ANCC National Magnet Conference
- Professional photos taken at the ANCC National Magnet Conference
- Award announcements on the ANCC website and via local and national press releases