Come here to find the latest on news, information and events that affects research. Updated 9/14/12
- NINR Expands 2012 Graduate Partnerships Program
Doctoral students interested in the 2012 NINR Graduate Partnerships Program (GPP) have a new option: they may register for an Individual Partnership instead of applying for an Institutional Partnership. NINR has expanded the 2012 GPP to allow doctoral students at any school of nursing, not only those supported by an NINR-funded Institutional Research Training (T32) grant, a chance to participate. The NINR GPP is a doctoral fellowship training program that combines the academic environment of a university and the breadth and depth of research at NIH. Financial support and other benefits are provided for up to 5 years. Learn more.
- A new series of reports titled, Future Research Needs – Methods Research, is now available from AHRQ. These publications, produced by AHRQ’s Effective Health Care Program, provide guidance on methodological approaches to identifying gaps in clinical evidence. They are intended to support the ongoing effort to evaluate and improve the knowledge base in priority clinical areas. The series complements the Future Research Needs series, which identifies gaps in clinical evidence so that researchers and funders can improve the body of knowledge to health care decisionmakers. Select to access and read the methods research series.
- The National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) released in October its new strategic plan which defines the critical role that NINR-supported research and nursing science will play in improving the health of the Nation over the next 25 years and beyond. The plan is intended for researchers, clinicians, stakeholders, and the general public. It outlines the role that NINR-supported science in addressing the nation’s most pressing health and health care challenges. This strategic plan capitalizes on the strengths of nursing science to power a research agenda that will meet current and future health care needs and anticipate future health challenges and priorities.
- The weekly electronic newsletter for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality is now available.
- The monthly e-newsletter from the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), News and Notes, is now available on the NINR website. The current issue is posted.
- The monthly e-newsletter, Nexus, from the Office of Extramural Research of the National Institutes of Health is now available. See Current issue.