The 5 new articles in the Current OJIN topic, Healthcare and Quality: Perspectives from Nursing, discuss a variety of aspects related to quality in the healthcare environment.
ANA members have the first opportunity to access the most
recent OJIN topic. LOGIN is required. When each new topic is posted, the
previous topic becomes available to all viewers. This topic will be available
after January 31, 2014.
All columns and articles published on previous topics are available to all viewers when published.
Overview and Summary
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN): The Key is Systems Thinking
Mary A. Dolansky, PhD, RN; Shirley M. Moore, PhD, RN, FAAN (September 30, 2013)
- The Influence of Quality Improvement Efforts on Patient Outcomes And Nursing Work: A Perspective from Chief Nursing Officers at Three Large Health Systems
Marla Weston, PhD, RN, FAAN; Darryl W. Roberts, PhD, MS, RN (September 30, 2013)
- An Academic Practice Partnership: Helping New Registered Nurses to Advance Quality and Patient Safety
Deborah Flores, EdD, RN; Gale Hickenlooper, RN, MPH; Rebecca Saxton, PhD, RN (September 30, 2013)
- Building Linkages between Nursing Care and Improved Patient Outcomes: The Role of Health Information Technology
Patricia C. Dykes, PhD, RN, FAAN, FACMI; Sarah A. Collins, PhD, RN (September 30, 2013)
- An Overview of the National Quality Strategy: Where Do Nurses Fit?
Rosemary Kennedy, PhD, RN, MBA, FAAN; Judy Murphy, RN, FACMI, FAAN; Darryl W. Roberts, PhD, MS, RN (September 30, 2013)
Articles on Previously Published Topics
- Ethics: Deactivating a Cardiac Pacemaker: Is it Ethical?
Heather M. Hosmer-Cernava, RN (September 4, 2013)
- Cochrane Review Brief: Exercise Interventions on Health-Related Quality of Life for Cancer Survivors
Marilynne N Kirshbaum, RN, RGN (UK), BSc, MSc, PhD DipAdultOnc (June 25, 2013)
- Cochrane Review Brief: Email for Communicating Results of Diagnostic Medical Investigations to Patients
David Barrett RN, PgDip, PgCert, BSc (Hons) (June 25, 2013)
- Cochrane Review Brief: Email for Clinical Communication Between Healthcare Professionals
LiHui Tay, BSc (Nursing) (Hons) (June 25, 2013)