E-Membership is a virtual membership in ANA. If you cannot afford ANA & State or ANA Only Membership but still want to support ANA and take advantage of some of the discounts and benefits offered to members, then this web-based membership is perfect for you! Note that E-Membership does not qualify for member discounts on ANCC certification
Dues: $45 per year
Availability: ANA E-Membership Only is not available in every state. Please check the chart below for the states where ANA E-Membership Only is not offered:
|| Rhode Island
|| New Hampshire
What ANA Gives You
Discounts and Privileges
- Professional Liability Insurance - a must have for every nurse, offered at a special member price.
- Quality Insurance programs at an affordable price
Professional Development Tools
- Online continuing education available at a discount or free to members.
- Member discounts on nursesbooks.org - ANA's bookstore
- Find a new job on Nurse's Career Center.
- Participate in ANANurseSpace – ANA's new online social network!
- Free online access to OJIN - the Online Journal of Issues in Nursing.
- Sign up for ANA Smart Brief – an electronic daily news feed that brings healthcare and nursing news from around the country to your computer
- Free access to ANA's informative online (or email) newsletters including - Capitol Update and Nursing Insider
- Member Exclusive Online Content and Tools
- Access to members only tools on the ANA website, NursingWorld, including CINAHL, PubMed, and more.
- Ability to see content free only to members, including factsheets, toolkits, ANA Principles, and the ANA publication archives.
What ANA Does for You
Advocating for You and Your Patients
- Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care, - issues such as safe staffing, nursing workforce development, overtime pay and access to care.
- Representing nursing where it matters, including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and many others, right up to the White House.
- Speaking for nursing through the media including stories in the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, 60 Minutes , NBC Nightly News, CNN, and NPR to name a few.
- Speaking for U.S nurses as the only U.S.A member of the International Council of Nurses and attending meetings of the World Health Organization.
Guiding the Profession
- Maintaining the Code of Ethics for Nurses which was first developed by ANA in 1926.
- ANA develops and publishes the Scope and Standards of practice for nursing and many of its specialties.
- Through the National Database on Nursing Quality Indicators, ANA is collecting data that link nurse staffing levels to quality nursing care.
- Addressing workplace hazards such as back injuries, latex allergies, safe needles and workplace violence.
How You Can Make a Difference
- Participate in member surveys that let you influence the association's agenda.
- Take part in grass roots advocacy efforts that let our elected officials hear your commitment on issues important to nursing.