In May during the Year of the Healthy Nurse, ANA is focused on helping nurses make better lifestyle choices, as we celebrate National Women's Health Week from May 14 - 20 and National Sports & Fitness Month. National Nurses Week also emphasized the importance of achieving balance in mind, body, and spirit.
There’s still time to commit to making healthier choices at home and work. To get started, take the National Women's Health Week quiz to learn about your health style.
Here’s a sample question:
During a typical week, what's your fitness routine?
- Pass! There so many other things that I would rather do.
- Working in on it. I try to fit exercise in when I can, but there are some weeks where I don’t a workout in.
- Working it! I found what works for me. I exercise for at least 30 minutes most days of the week.
The quiz questions help women of all ages evaluate how healthy their everyday habits are. The Office on Women’s Health suggests that every day women try to:
- Eat healthy.
- Engage in at least 30 minutes of activity
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
Take a moment to assess how well you’re doing in each of these areas and challenge yourself to make improvements where needed.
Nurses can participate in National Women's Health Week by spreading the word through social media using #NWHW. For more information on balancing your life for a healthier you, download ANA’s Year of the Healthy Nurse fact sheet.