More Medicare APRN Quality/eRx Incentive Winners!

m Bookmark and Share
04/29/13
On April 9 CMS released information on Medicare’s 2011 Incentive Payment awardees for high quality and e-prescribing. APRN winners increased at a faster rate than observed for MDs/DOs for both quality and eRx. The APRN eRx incentive winners more than doubled increasing total incentive payments to APRNs by 38% (compared to a 6% increase for physicians.) The total number of all PQRS incentive recipients increased 37% over the prior year, but the number of APRNs who won awards increased by 43%, going from 16,815 in 2010 to 23,979 in 2011. Although APRNs represent just 9.6% of Part B providers, they were 10.6% of the PQRS award winners. Total approved charges for all APRN services in 2011 were 1.9% of the Part B total. APRNs earned 2.1% of all PQRS incentive payments.

Read More...

From: 
Email:  
To: 
Email:  
Subject: 
Message: