The American Nurses Association would like to provide the following information received from Health Care Without Harm:
Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) is announcing round 10 of the Nurse’s Workgroup Mini-Grant Program. The Mini-Grant program is designed to support innovative efforts to expand and deepen the involvement of nurses in environmental health issues, to promote advocacy activities and to encourage those initiatives that showcase collaborative efforts between nurses and environmental organizations. Members of the HCWH Nurses Workgroup as well as members of other HCWH Workgroups, which seeks to work substantially with nurses on environmental health issues; The HCWH Mini-Grant program welcomes all applications for funding from:
- Members of the HCWH Nurses Workgroup as well as members of other HCWH Workgroups, which seek to work substantially with nurses on environmental health issues;
- Members of the Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environment’s
- Participants of any RN-No-Harm Workshops or HCWH mini-grant funded workshops;
- American Nurses Association’s Constituent Member Associations;
- Specialty Nursing Organizations;
- Labor organizations that represent nurses;
- Luminaries, Beacons, and Guiding Light organizations of the Luminary Project;
- Schools of Nursing; and
- Nurse participants of any Clean Med meeting.
New this round: A two tiered system of funding available.
Tier 1: Applicants may request funding in amounts up to $2,500. We anticipate providing support for up to 10 Tier 1 initiatives.
Tier 2: Applicants may request funding in amounts up to $7,500. We anticipate providing support for up to 5 Tier 2 initiatives. Please review the RFP Guidelines below for more information about the tier process.
The proposal MAY NOT exceed FIVE pages. Applications are due on Friday July 31, 2009 by 5PM (Eastern Time). Applicants of accepted proposals will be notified by Friday, August 28, 2009.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Brenda Afzal at email@example.com , please also Cc Jolie Patterson Rosst at firstname.lastname@example.org and Kathryn Hall at Khall003@son.umaryland.edu. If you have questions regarding the RFP, or your eligibility to apply, please contact Brenda Afzal at email@example.com or at 410-706-1778 or Kathryn Hall at Khall003@son.umaryland.edu.