Leading Change: Building Healthier Nations
The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has issued a Call for Abstracts for its upcoming Quadrennial Congress, Leading Change: Building Healthier Nations, to be held June 27- July 4, 2009 in Durban, South Africa.
The main objectives for the Congress are:
- To lead informed and sustainable improvement in policy and nursing practice
- To demonstrate nursing’s contribution to building healthier nations
- To encourage leadership development in the health sector
Abstract submissions must be no more than 250 words and are due to ICN by September 15, 2008. Abstracts are to be submitted via the Internet (see link below).
Abstract sub-themes are:
- The nursing workforce and workplace.
- Ethics/human rights
- Clinical care and patient safety
- Nursing education and the learning environment
- Advocacy, lobbying and legislation
- Care systems
- Technology, innovations and informatics
- Leadership – management