Awards for Distinguished Practice in Nursing
To recognize excellence in the practice, science, and art of nursing and outstanding professional contributions of an ANA member in the areas of clinical care, direct patient care, or public health.
Awards for Diversity in Nursing
To recognize significant contributions by an individual nurse or a group of nurses to enhanced integration/inclusion within the nursing profession.
- Luther Christman Award, for contributions made by an individual male registered nurse to the profession of nursing
- Mary Mahoney Award, for significant contributions to increasing diversity and inclusion within the profession of nursing
Awards for Nurse Exemplars
To promote and underscore ANA's continuing dedication to the principles of nursing ethics and the highest standards of nursing practice.
- ANA Hall of Fame, for lifelong commitment of individual nurses to the profession of nursing and their impact on the health and/or social history of the United States
- Honorary Recognition Award, for distinguished national or international service to the nursing profession
Awards for Nurse Leadership
To recognize excellence in the areas of national nursing leadership, academic leadership (nurse education/research), community leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
Awards for Nursing Champions
To recognize outstanding accomplishments in the area of advocacy for the profession of nursing and for ANA.
- Barbara Thoman Curtis Award, for significant contributions to nursing practice and health policy through political and legislative activity
- Honorary Human Rights Award, for outstanding commitment to human rights and exemplifying the essence of nursing's philosophy about humanity
- Shirley Titus Award, for outstanding contributions that have empowered frontline nurses and effected positive change in the work environment